Saturday 3 September 2011

WHITE SPOT, OAKRIDGE

IMG_2109

Blueberry Pie

All mine!


IMG_2100

Chocolate Milk Shake

This tasted like a creamy liquid ice-cream! yum!

IMG_2101

Vanilla Milk Shake

I noticed the shake had little black vanilla bean specks.  That’s a good sign!

IMG_2102

Instead of fries, I opted to have zoo sticks instead.  What a great choice as zucchini is in season and there were plenty of tender zucchini sticks in the order.  It was so good.

IMG_2103

My burger was called the Smoked BBQ Bigger Burger.  You get 6 oz of beef instead of the usual Legendary Burger and the toppings are different.  This one was really good.  I liked the nice big hunk of beef burger with smoked Cheddar cheese, BBQ sauce, sautéed onions, chipotle mayo, relish, lettuce and tomato.  It hit the spot.

IMG_2104
IMG_2106

White Spot’s Coleslaw is unique in that it includes sunflower seeds in the mix.  It’s nutty and kind of good.  If you like sunflower seeds. 

IMG_2107

The Fresh Blueberry Tart was good.  The glaze wasn’t too sweet or gloopy at all and instead brought out the freshness of the blueberries in season.  The crust was okay…but could have been better.  I’m a crust person and this one wasn’t as buttery as I’d have liked it to be.  Perhaps a pastry cream would have helped too.  Ah well.  It was fine.

IMG_2112

Strawberry ice cream.  The kiddies are always so lucky because they get ice cream for dessert with their Pirate Paks.

I noticed the Kiddie menu was updated and changed up a bit.  The options seem more inviting and the puzzles on the paper puzzle menu were new since we lasts visited.  The regular menu also has healthier options and higher end items that looked pretty enticing. 

I thought the service was good but the food did take a while to come.   However, the food was way better than I remembered it to be than before.  I don’t know if that’s because of the updated menu items or whatnot.  The ingredients seemed to be fresher and the quality seemed to be higher than on our previous visit.    I was pleasantly surprised and thought it was a good lunch and probably would consider coming back again to try some of the other Bigger Burger items and some of the appies.

White Spot (Oakridge Mall) on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Weronika said...

Ow, as far as I got hungry ;)
+ I am inviting to my blog;) welovehalloween31. blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin