Monday 8 August 2011

MEI JAN HONG SINGAPORE BEEF & PORK JERKY, RICHMOND


What do M&M's and Beef Jerky have in common?

They were both prominently on display at Aberdeen Mall.  The M&M's were not edible though.


IMG_1624

Singapore Beef, Pork, Salmon and Chicken Jerky can be purchased FOR CASH ONLY!
See that sign?  They’re not kidding.

IMG_1644

Located on the ground floor of Aberdeen Centre Mall, this jerky place moved from one side of the mall to this more central location.  They are hopping busy now.  You can watch them tending the jerky pieces on their grill as they add that nice black char to each piece.

IMG_1623

My MIL thought the jerky too sweet but we like it that way so happily took her pound of soft sweet Pork jerky.

You can order your jerky “spicy”, “soft”, “crunchy” or “sweet”.  

I’ve purchased much jerky here before and Bib loves the soft, sweet pork jerky.  I found they also vacuum pack for transportation  overseas.  I asked for some this a few weeks ago to take as “Canadian gifts”  to California.  Since they produced salmon jerky in Canada,  I figured it was Canadian enough.  Hee!

IMG_1643


IMG_1626

In the central court area next to the fountain at Aberdeen Centre was this display of M&M’s.  Yes,  each of those little M&M candies is adhered together to form this Sphinx.  There are also Egyptian-themed mosaics and pictures all around the area depicting the "Boy King" and M&M styled Egyptian art.

IMG_1627

IMG_1628

IMG_1633

IMG_1637
Hieroglyphics written in M&M's.  Neat, eh?

IMG_1632

Live music and belly dancers entertained the crowds.  This woman was spinning and moving so fast, my little iPhone4 lens wasn’t fast enough to catch her well.

Mei Jan Hong Singapore Beef & Pork Jerky on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Donna Marie Honneger said...

I love that beef jerky. Good thing I bring some cash with me every time I visit Mei Jan. I also tried the spicy jerky that they are serving there. They are the best!
jerky Australia

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin