Sunday 24 July 2011

FERRY BUILDING, SAN FRANCISCO

Miette Bakery, Ferry Building, San Francisco.

In the Ferry Building in San Francisco resided the object of our desire.

Bebe's 8th birthday was coming up during our trip to San Francisco.   I have cousins living in California and the girls have not met them before.  This was a trip both for having the girls meet their relatives and for Bebe's 8th bday.

The Ferry Building Marketplace is a foodie's paradise.  Inside you will find artisanal cheeses, cured meats, handmade crafts, pastries, breads and confections galore. Sur la Table is also located in the Ferry Building.   I lingered in the Scharffen Berger and Recchiuti Confections shops and later was gifted some chocolates and confections from my cousin Sylvia.  Thanks Sylvia!  You're so sweet!  :)

I'll post my Recchiuti and Miette goodies in separate posts as they seem to have survived the plane trip back to Vancouver and deserve better photography with my hefty Nikon than the crappy point and shoot I was carrying on the trip.



We had burgers and fries from Gott's Roadside and I thorougly enjoyed my Bacon Cheeseburger (I didn't eat my bun, though was tempted because it was like challah).  The fries were really good too and we tried the garlic fries, sweet potato fries and regular fries.  The garlic and sweet potato fries (served with housemade ranch dip) were my favourites and the chocolate milkshake Bebe had ordered tasted like rich chocolate ice cream.  I shudder to think of the calories we ingested at this establishment.

The Miette Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake which you see in the slideshow is the object of Bebe's desire.  We chose to come back for it closer to her bday for pickup and you will hear that story along with seeing the rest of my Miette purchases shortly.

Gott's Roadside on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin