I decorated these White Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Mousseline Buttercream (from Rose Levy Beranbaum's Cake Bible). Bebe helped decorate by dropping stars, chocolate shavings and mini chocolate chips on the buttercream.
The recipe is super easy (which I like) but it is also delicious...with a beautiful white chocolate aroma and a moist crumb. I recommend it.
Here's the recipe I adapted from "Couture Cupcakes" to fit my new Le Creuset silicone baking pan.
Gargantuan White Chocolate Sour Cream Cupcakes
(source: Couture Cupcakes; adapted for 6-cup silicone pan)
140 grams/1 cup plain [all purpose] flour
142.5 grams/3/4 cup sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
63 grams / 2 oz white chocolate
1/4 cup water
56 grams/ 1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sour cream, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 tsp baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Place silicone tray on a cookie sheet.
3. In mixer, combine flour, sugar and salt.
4. Melt chocolate with butter and water. Allow to cool slightly.
5. Add melted chocolate mixture to flour mixture and mix lightly.
6. Add sour cream, vanilla, baking soda and egg and beat for 2 minutes.
7. Divide batter evenly into cupcake liners and bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
8. Place silicone pan on a rack for 10 minutes to cool. Turn upside down and release the cupcakes onto a rack to cool further.
9. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.