This recipe is from cakebrain's poh poh (maternal grandmother)
1 cup Five Roses all purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
6 oz or 3/4 cup water
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp baking powder
- Measure dry ingredients in a bowl and get rid of any lumps by sifting or mixing with a spoon.
- Measure wet ingredients together
- Heat 7 clay custard cups in a steamer on high heat
- Pour wet ingredients all at once into the bowl of dry ingredients. Mix only until moistened. Do Not Overmix.
- Pour mixture into cups that have been heated.
- Cover, steam on high heat for 30 minutes
- Cupcakes should smile and "explode" in laughter.
I just tried this steamed cupcakes. It is quite nice n fluffy. Do u think it will be nice too if I change the brown sugar to castor sugar because my sis thinks that the brown sugar taste is a bit too strong.
Post a Comment