Black tapioca pearls
- Boil water (3:1) Add tapioca pearls
- Cover and boil 20-30 minutes (40 if you like bubbles soft) on medium heat.
- Turn off heat. Don't lift lid. Let sit 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse in cold water. Do Not Refrigerate
1 cup rock sugar & 1/2 cup water
- Melt in saucepan over heat.
- Add pearls to syrup and soak for 5 hours.
- For every serving of milk tea, use 2 Red Rose tea bags & condensed milk to taste. Brew tea as usual, squeezing the tea bags. Add condensed milk to the tea and mix well. Use cocktail mixer with ice to cool the tea. Add the syrup-soaked tapioca and serve.