|Confetti Corn made better with Bacon!|
Hey hey peeps! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Saute your chopped bacon, onion and peppers until soft
Here's a Christmas side dish that will save you some room on the hob on the day of. Plus, it's so delicious and you can make it ahead and keep it in the fridge until needed.
That's a whole brick of cream cheese. It's Christmas...you're not eating the whole brick yourself, right?
This delicious creamy corn dish is a make-ahead side that I'm preparing for Christmas dinner. I'll reheat after my turkey comes out of the oven.
CHRISTMAS CONFETTI CORN WITH BACON
(Adapted from melskitchencafe.com)
- 10 slices bacon, chopped (reserve some for sprinkling on top)
- 2 14oz bags of Frozen corn kernels (I used 1/2 a package of Costco's peaches and cream frozen corn, approx 1.25 kg)
- 1/2 Cup chopped onion, white, yellow or red
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 pkg cream cheese, light or regular, cubed (8 - ounce)
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup milk (or just enough to loosen the corn mixture)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 green onions, green parts finely chopped (reserve some for sprinkling on top)
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the chopped bacon until golden and crisp. Scoop the bacon to a paper-towel lined plate and discard all the bacon grease except for a thin coating on the pan, maybe a teaspoon or so.
- Add the corn, onion, and red pepper, and cook over medium heat, stirring every so often, until the vegetables are tender and the corn is heated through, 6-8 minutes. Add the cream cheese and milk, stirring until the cream cheese melts and the mixture is evenly combined.
- Stir in the sugar, salt and pepper. Add more salt to taste if needed. Stir in the green onions.
- Serve warm topped with the reserved bacon, red peppers and chopped green onion
- This dish can be made up to 2 days ahead of time. Scoop the creamy corn mixture into an oven-safe dish, sprinkle with the bacon and cover with a lid or plastic wrap. Store in the refrigerator. When ready to eat, heat the corn dish in a 325 degree oven for 15-20 minutes until heated through.
Post a Comment