|Chop the cucumber in 1 cm rings and then in quarters|
I bought long English cucumbers (3 in a pack), sour cream and tzatziki (2 containers in a pack!) at Costco to make my salad.
1. Take 2 washed English cukes and chop up thusly...
2. Place the chopped cucumber in a colander and sprinkle with kosher salt. The cucumber will release a good deal of liquid so I sit the colander over my sink.
3. Ready your dressing culprits: use one tzatziki container (500ml) and 2 cups of sour cream.
4. Mix the dressing thoroughly. If you want to get fancy, you can add more finely chopped garlic, dill or chopped scallions. I don't bother usually because that defeats the purpose of this being a Lazy Salad. Less chopping=lazygood.
5. After approximately 20 minutes, take the cucumber and place on paper towels or clean dishtowels.
6. Squeeze the cucumbers gently to dry excess moisture.
7. Place the cucumber in the bowl along with the dressing.
8. Mix gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours for best flavour. Serve with grilled meats, seafood as an accompaniment.
Great idea. I did something similar the other night with diced cukes, peppers, onion. Mixed Kirkland Greek yogourt, Helluva onion dip, oregano and olive oil to thin it out a bit. After tossing it all together, I threw in a handful of halved cherry tomatoes I agree about the Costco approach. Way better to enjoy the as much of the day as possible. Doesn't mean you don't cook, but don't have to do all of it. With this salad, I had taken 5 min in the morning to start up a pound of bread dough to proof and took out a couple of frozen pork tenderloins to thaw. When I got home, I punched down the dough, divided into 4 and stretched them into ovals. Brush with EVOO, sprinkle S&P, garlic powder and oregano. Heat up the BBQ, cut the tenderloin into chunky 20 cm strips to marinate in EVOO, S&P, lemon juice, oregano and a dash of brown sugar. When the grill heats up, transfer the dough to a medium heat and the tenderloin strips to high heat. In 15-20 min, the family is eating before dashing off to swim club. And I get to sit out enjoying my green garden, blue sky and Corona!
yum yum!!! great! looks amazing!
love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! looks yummy!
I love Costco! No need to be stressing about cooking everything from scratch when you can be spending more time having fun. Sounds like you have the routine down pat! Yah, summer's great for sitting on the deck under the blue sky. Couldn't agree with you more.
Baking it to the top! thanks! It was perfect with the pljeskavica I made on the bbq :)
Post a Comment