Friday 29 August 2008

SALTY ALMOND CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES

salty almond chocolate chunk cookies

Can anyone resist a Chocolate Chip Cookie? I know that of late, food bloggers everywhere have been making the New York Times Chocolate Chip Cookies which are "aged", much like a fine wine...albeit for a much shorter time. Well, here's one gal who can't wait the requisite 72 hours or even overnight for the cookie dough to age! I need instant gratification!


So, to add some more crunch and to increase the yum factor, I've incorporated whole roasted salted almonds to my usual Chocolate Chunk Cookies. Bakers have realized the merits of adding Fleur de Sel to their cookies, chocolates and other desserts. I think salted almonds will do quite well to help the sweet & salty flavour profile.For the recipe, click my recipe here (I adapted Yard's recipe) and simply add one cup of roasted whole salted almonds, coarsely chopped. I use Callebaut dark chocolate chunks in my cookies. You won't be able to stop eating them because they're sweet and a little savoury!

5 comments:

Manggy said...

I think just the word "chunk" in the title sends me salivating like Pavlov's dog. Throw in the salted almonds (and the promise of not being able to stop eating them) and I'm doomed!

Clumbsy Cookie said...

I just love anything sweet and salty! I think I woul prefer this version with the salted almonds than just a sprinkling of salt on top. they must have a really nice crunch and I'm sure I would not be able to stop eating them!

RecipeGirl said...

sweet+salty=love for me! These sound great! I've never like the proverbial walnuts in my choc. chip cookies... almonds sound like a much more appetizing choice.

Snooky doodle said...

what a fantastic combination. I love cookies

amycaseycooks said...

I love the sweet and salty combo. A favorite of mine lately has been chocolate covered caramels sprinkled with sea salt. I'm adding this recipe to my files!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin