Thursday 5 September 2013

BANANA BREAD MADELEINES (GF)

Pretty Banana Bread Madeleines (gluten free)
How long can a working mom sustain this bento madness?



these madeleines were so much tastier with banana bread batter and stay moist so much longer!

So it's been 2 days of school lunches and I have tweeted my kids' bento lunches each day.  Zowee! on a roll!


Banana Bread madeleine (gf), Mini Coeur de Lion cheese, Ham between Pumpkin/Veggie Bread
I have been tweeking my gluten free banana bread recipe to the point of near perfection.  It has: coconut oil, free range eggs, 7 bananas, my hand-blended GF flour, lots of psyllium husks for fiber and brown sugar.  It tastes amazing.  Since I'm the only gluten intolerant person in this household, I have to make sure my baking is yummy enough for all to eat.  This one's a winner.  yummo!


watermelon in the mini lunchbots leakproof stainless steel container & lunchbot quad with banana bread madeleine (gf), coeur de lion mini cheese, strawberries & flower-shaped ham sandwiches using whole grain pumpkin bread
I decided to plop some of the batter in my madeleine pan to bake because the shell shapes would be perfect for the bento box Quadrant!  And it was.






2 comments:

LotusRapper said...

Cool !

Wonder if you can make cornbread madeleines ? We loooove Trader Joe's CB mix. Always keep a box or two in the pantry.

Other madeleines ..... carrot cake, pumpkin cake, zuchini cake ..... oh the possibilities !

Cakebrain said...

Oh yes! Of course you can! It's just a shell form. For some reason the kids say it tastes better in cool shapes. Fun factor!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin