Nothing like a chewy chocolate chip cookie and a glass of cold milk...while reading the newspaper.
|Anna Olson's Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe incorporates cornstarch into the cookie dough for a long-lasting chew!|
|Freshly baked out of the oven...don't over-bake!|
This batch has nuts. I just pressed a few walnuts on each ball of dough before baking.
CHEWY CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES (Dark and White Chocolate Chunk)
adapted from Sugar: Simple Sweets and Decadent Desserts, by Anna Olson
makes about 2 dozen
3/4 cup/175 mL unsalted butter, softened
1 cup/250 mL golden brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup/ 50 mL granulated sugar
2 tsp/10 mL vanilla extract
2 cups/500 mL all purpose flour
2 tsp/10 mL cornstarch
1 tsp/5 mL baking soda
1/2 tsp/ 2 mL salt
4 oz/125 g bittersweet chocolate chunks [I used Callebaut]
4 oz/125 g white chocolate chunks [I used Callebaut]
optional: walnut pieces for studding the tops of the cookie balls before baking
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Cream together butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add egg and vanilla and blend in. Stir in flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chunks
- Drop by tablespoons onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. [I formed mine into balls and flattened slightly...and studded some of the cookies with walnut halves]
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy.