Friday 14 October 2011

HOSHI SUSHI, KITSILANO

IMG_2375
Spicy Tuna Sashimi            Rating:  5/6



IMG_2377
California Roll, Negitoro Roll, Crab Cake nigiri                        Rating: 5/6

IMG_2379
Gyoza.  Not so tasty.  Pasty filling.            3/6 

IMG_2381
Golden Dragon Roll.  California Roll topped with Tempura Yam.  Yum  6/6

IMG_2378
Here’s the pic showing the whole order of the Specialty Dragon Roll.

IMG_2382
Chicken Karaage.  Wings (there were two more pieces but I couldn’t snap the pic in time).  5/6

IMG_2383
Beef Udon.     Good tender pieces of meat.  5/6

IMG_2384
Oyster Motoyaki.  Creamy with sliced mushrooms.  Rating:  5/6

Hoshi Sushi is a little restaurant with very narrow booths.  Despite being squished, I quite enjoyed my meal.  There seemed to be a  lot of takeout orders lined up and the kitchen was hopping busy.  The one waitress was running around tending to the phone, the restaurant customers' orders and the takeouts.  She was fast and did her best.  I have no complaints.   I think I heard some Cantonese in the kitchen? perhaps the cook back there?  I don't know about the sushi chef.  Anyway, the food was good.  The sushi was tasty and I was pleasantly surprised.   We will be back another time when we're in the neighbourhood.

Hoshi Sushi Japanese Restaurant 星壽司 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin