Saturday 9 July 2011

TROPIKA, CAMBIE

IMG_1155

Spicy Eggplant! My fave!

This spicy eggplant dish has finely minced dried shrimp and hot chili.  You need a lot of rice to go with it.  Even though I don’t like rice, I eat it with this eggplant dish.  Rating:  6/6



IMG_1156

Free Range Chicken.

Stomach always peels off all the skin.  He says this version is "meh" because there isn't much meat.  I like all the condiments that are served alongside...like the pickled veggies. Yum!  Really, it's just boiled chicken anyway you cut it.  Rating:  4.5/6


IMG_1158

Gado Gado.

Tons of bean sprouts. Spicy peanut sauce, tofu, potato, and lettuce.   Rating:  4/6

IMG_1157

Char Hor Fun.

Fresh Rice Noodles with Seafood and Chicken in a Silky Egg sauce.  A kiddie dish that isn’t hot at all.  Rating:  5/6 

IMG_1159

Daulat Tuanku Special. 

Fried chicken, Kari Lembu, Jumbo sambal prawns. $15.95 with choice of rice (ginger, coconut or plain). Pretty good variety for the undecided.  Rating:   5/6

IMG_1160

Sweet and Sour Fish.

My bad.  I ordered this thinking it would be good.  It was fried pomfret. I don’t like pomfret.  Especially frozen pomfret.  Rating:  3/6

IMG_1161

Chi Chi for two! “Lover’s Size”.

Actually, for three.  Me and the girls.   I love my daughters.  We like our fruity drinks.  Pineapple juice and coconut.   Pink.  Fun!   Rating:  6/6

Tropika is a chain of restaurants.  This location is hopping busy on weekends.  It’s kid-friendly and the food is consistently good and delivered to your table quickly!  Service is prompt (waiters swoop down to refill water glasses) and friendly. 

Parking is along Cambie and the side streets.

Tropika on Cambie 星馬印 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin