Sunday 10 January 2010

VENTURE INTO BENTO


grape skewer, surimi impaled with a giraffe-pick, edamame, mini broccoli and cheese quiche, 2 white-meat chicken nuggetts, one mini pizza, one potato face, ketchup in the green chicken container

Bebe's in Grade 1 and it's tough coming up with lunch ideas that she'll eat. 

I've been making cute bento boxes for her in the hopes that she would eat more.  And indeed it works!  She likes variety and much prefers cute bento to plain ol' sandwiches.

What I like is the fact that the lunchbox comes home mostly finished.  Fortunately, everything I had in this bento was mostly from my freezer (yikes!) but this isn't always the case.  I can always give her leftovers from dinner.  However, this weekend we didn't have any leftovers so for Monday's lunch she'll be having stuff from my freezer 'cause we ate out (yup, shame on us!)

I'm a newbie in this bento territory and it's frightening how amazingly beautiful some moms make their kids' bentos.  That's not going to happen here.  I've got a stack of marking taller than my daughter and I'm not really into making stuff from scratch necessarily.  So this'll have to do   ;p

4 comments:

KMag said...

I would have loved to have a lunch like that for school. I always had PB&J or a turkey sandwich. This will more than "do."

Anonymous said...

Its a great lunch - how sweet for you to put such effort into it! Nice Mommy.

Zurin said...

Ah ur back! thats a nice lunch kit!:)

Tia said...

totally adorable!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin